All About August 28th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
August 28th Holidays
- Crackers Over The Keyboard Day
- Dream Day Quest and Jubilee
- International Read Comics in Public Day
- National Bow Tie Day
- Race Your Mouse Around the Icons Day
- Radio Commercial Day
- National Cherry Turnovers Day
- National Power Rangers Day
- Red Wine Day
- Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day
August 28th Zodiac Sign is a Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul.
August 28th Trivia
- 1609 – Henry Hudson, 17th century sea explorer, discovers Delaware Bay.
- 1845 – The first issue of Scientific American magazine is published.
- 1913 – Queen Wilhelmina opens the Peace Palace in The Hague.
- 1916 – World War I: Italy declares war on Germany.
- 1955 – Teen African-American, Emmett Till is murdered in Mississippi, starting the nascent civil rights movement.
- 1963 – The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his I Have a Dream speech.
- 1964 – The Philadelphia race riot begins.
- 1966 – Shania Twain, Canadian country singer was born in Windsor, Canada.
- 1969 – Jack Black, comedian, actor and singer was born in Santa Monica, CA.
- 1969 – Jason Priestly, actor known for his role in Beverly Hill 90210 was born in , Vancouver, Canada
- 1982 – LeAnn Rimes, country singer was born in Jackson, MS.
- 1990 – An F5 tornado strikes the Illinois cities of Plainfield and Joliet, killing 29 people.
- 1993 – The Galileo spacecraft discovers a moon, later named Dactyl, around 243 Ida, the first known asteroid moon.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics: Checkiday, Wiki and Pixabay.