All About August 3rd
Happy August 3rd everyone! Here is a collection of information on August 3rd holidays, horoscope and history.
August 3rd Holidays
- Airplane Crop Duster Day
- Clean Your Floors Day
- Esther Day
- Grab Some Nuts Day
- National Watermelon Day
August 3rd Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
August 3rd History
- 1492 – Christopher Columbus sets sail on the Atlantic Ocean, from Palos de la Frontera, Spain, with a crew of 90 men and three ships—the Niña, Pinta, and Santa Maria and eventually after 61 days makes it to The Bahamas which he mistakes as India.
- 1527 – The first known letter from North America is sent by John Rut while at St. John’s, Newfoundland, which was a letter to King Henry VIII.
- 1926 – Tony Bennett, American singer was born in Astoria, New York, NY.
- 1936 – Jesse Owens wins the 100 metre dash, at the Berlin Olympics.
- 1940 – Martin Sheen, Actor and father of Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen, was born in Dayton, OH.
- 1941 – Martha Stewart, American businesswoman was born in Jersey City, NJ.
- 1946 – Santa Claus Land, the world’s first themed amusement park, opens in Santa Claus, Indiana, United States.
- 1949 – The #1 movie was, “Look for the Silver Lining.”
- 1959 – The American Dental Association is founded in Niagara Falls, New York.
- 1977 – Tom Brady, Football quarterback for the Patriots was born in San Mateo, CA.
- 1979 – Evangeline Lilly, Actress known for her role as Kate on, “Lost,” was born in Fort Saskatchewan, Canada.
- 1982 – The #1 movie was, “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.”
- 1982 – The #1 song on the US Billboard was, “Eye of the Tiger,” by Survivor.
- 1991 – (Everything I Do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams was the #1 song on the US Billboards.
- 2008 – The #1 song on the UK Billboards was, “All Summer Long,” by Kid Rock.
- 2014 – The #1 movie was, “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
- 2014 –The 2014 Ludian Earthquake, a 6.1 magnitude earthquake kills at least 617 people and injures more than 2,400 in Yunnan, China.
- 2018 – NYPD judge says officer in Eric Garner case should be fired. still fighting for justice after 5 years.