All About August 7th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
August 7th Holidays
- Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day
- National Sea Serpent Day
- Professional Speakers Day
- Purple Heart Day
- Raspberries ‘n Cream Day
August 7th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth.
August 7th Trivia
- 1789 – The United States Department of War is established.
- 1890 – Anna Månsdotter becomes the last woman in Sweden to be executed, for the Yngsjö murder.
- 1909 – Alice Huyler Ramsey and three friends are the first women to complete a transcontinental auto trip, taking 59 days to travel from New York, New York to San Francisco, California.
- 1960 – David Duchovny, tv actor best known for his role as Fox Mulder, in The X Files was born in New York City, NY.
- 1975 – Charlize Theron, movie actress was born in Benoni, South Africa.
- 1978 – American President Jimmy Carter declares a federal emergency at Love Canal due to toxic waste that had been disposed of negligently.
- 1985 – Rick Genest, tattoo artist also known as Zombie Boy, was born in Canada.
- 1987 – Lynne Cox becomes first person to swim from the United States to the Soviet Union, crossing the Bering Strait from Little Diomede Island in Alaska to Big Diomede in the Soviet Union