All About August 8th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
August 8th Holidays
- International Cat Day
- National CBD Day
- National Dollar Day
- National Frozen Custard Day
- National Zucchini Day
- Odie Day
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day
- The Date to Create
August 8th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
August 8th Trivia
- 1876 – Thomas Edison receives a patent for his mimeograph.
- 1937 – Dustin Hoffman, American actor and director was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1969 – Photographer Iain Macmillan takes the iconic photo that becomes the cover image of the Beatles’ album Abbey Road at a London intersection.
- 1969 – The Manson Family commits the Tate murders.
- 1974 – President Richard Nixon, announces that he will resign from office effective noon the next day.
- 1985 – The #1 movie was, “Back to the Future.”
- 1988 – Princess Beatrice of York was born in London, United Kingdom.
- 1998 – Shawn Mendes, Canadian singer-songwriter was born in Toronto, Canada.
- 2007 – An EF2 tornado goes through Kings County and Richmond County, New York, the most powerful tornado in New York and the first in Brooklyn since 1889.
- 2017 – 2017 – Glen Campbell, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor passed away.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics, pixabay, checkiday and wiki.