All About December 23rd
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
December 23rd Holidays
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Solid, Stable, Traditional, Loves Quality.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Issac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson.
December 23rd Trivia
- 1805 – Joseph Smith Jr. was an American religious leader and founder of Mormonism and the Latter Day Saint movement and was born today in Sharon, VT.
- 1815 – The novel Emma by Jane Austen is first published.
- 1888 – Vincent van Gogh cuts off his left ear with a razor, after argument with fellow painter Paul Gauguin, and sends to a prostitute for safe keeping.
- 1919 – 1st hospital ship built to move wounded naval personnel launched.
- 1919 – Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace.
- 1945 – Frederick Astons “Cinderella” premieres in London.
- 1946 – Susan Lucci, American actress known for her role as Erica Kane on soap opera, “All My Children,” was born in Scarsdale, NY.
- 1954 – First successful kidney transplant is performed by J. Hartwell Harrison and Joseph Murray.
- 1964 – Eddie Vedder, American musician, band member of Pearl Jam, was born in Evanston, IL.
- 1967 – The song, “Hello, Goodbye,” by The Beatles was the #1 song in the UK.
- 1968 – Frank Borman, Jim Lovell and William Anders become the 1st men to orbit the Moon.
- 1968 – The 82 sailors from the USS Pueblo are released after eleven months of internment in North Korea.
- 1970 – The North Tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan, New York, New York is topped out at 1,368 feet (417 m), making it the tallest building in the world.
- 1971 – Corey Haim, Canadian actor was born in Toronto, Canada.
- 1972 – A 6.5 magnitude earthquake strikes the Nicaraguan capital of Managua killing more than 10,000.
- 1979 – The movie, “Kramer vs Kramer,” starring Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep was the #1 movie.
- 1981 – The song, “Physical,” by Olivia Newton-John was #1 on the Hot 100 Billboard Charts.
- 1987 – Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, serving a life sentence for attempted assassination of President Gerald Ford, escapes from Alderson Prison.
- 1994 – The album, “Miracles: The Holiday Album,” by Kenny G was the top Holidays album on the Billboard Charts.
- 1997 – Woody Allen, 62 weds Soon-Yi Previn 27, adopted daughter of Mia Farrowm his ex-wife.
- 2000 – The song, “My Next Thirty Years,” by Tim McGraw was the #1 country song on the Hot Country Songs Billboard Chart.
- 2002 – Finn Wolfhard, Canadian actor was born.
- 2005 – “Jurassic Park” actress Laura Dern .marries musician Ben Harper in Los Angeles.
- 2007 – “Dr. Izzie Stevens” actress Katherine Heigl marries singer-songwriter Josh Kelley at Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah.
- 2009 – The #1 movie is, “Avatar.”
- The two most popular Holidays songs being played on the radio this week are, “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” by Mariah Carey and, “A Holly Jolly Christmas,” by Burl Ives,
- 2015 – Musician Richard Marx marries TV host and model Daisy Fuentes in Aspen, Colorado.