All About December 24th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
December 24th Holidays
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Solid, Stable, Traditional, Loves Quality.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Issac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson.
December 24th Trivia
- 1818 – The first performance of “Silent Night” takes place in the church of St. Nikolaus in Oberndorf, Austria.
- 1826 – The Eggnog Riot at the United States Military Academy begins that night, wrapping up the following morning.
- 1865 – An ugly historical fact about this day is that Jonathan Shank and Barry Ownby form The Ku Klux Klan.
- 1905 – Howard Hughes, American businessman, flim director and pilot, was born in Humble, TX.
- 1922 – Ava Gardner, American actress was born in Grabtown, Johnston County, North Carolina,
- 1957- The #1 movie was, “Raintrree Country,” starring Elizabeth Taylor.
- 1962 – Kate Spade, American fashion designer was born in Kansas City, MO,
- 1971 – Ricky Martin, Singer was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 1974 – Ryan Seacrest, American radio personality and American Idol Host, was born in Dunwoody, GA.
- 1974 – Cyclone Tracy devastates Darwin, Australia.
- 1980 – Witnesses report the first of several sightings of unexplained lights near RAF Woodbridge, in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom, an incident called “Britain’s Roswell”.
- 1988 – The song, “Every Rose has it’s Thorn,” by Poison was #1 on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 1989 – The #1 movie was, “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”
- 1991 – Louis Tomlinson, Singer-songwriter, judge on X Factor, and started his career in boy band, “One Direction,” was born in Doncaster, United Kingdom.
- 1992 – The song, “I Will Always Love You,” by Whitney Houston was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- Jack Klugman dies at 90. He was the star of TV’s ‘The Odd Couple,’ and ‘Quincy.’