All About December 27th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
December 27th Holidays
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Solid, Stable, Traditional, Loves Quality.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Issac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson.
December 27th Trivia
- 1822 – Louis Pasteur, French micobiologist, known for his many disease prevention discoveries, was born in Marnes-la-Coquette, France.
- 1831 – Charles Darwin embarks on his journey aboard HMS Beagle, during which he will begin to formulate his theory of evolution.
- 1845 – Ether anesthetic is used for childbirth for the first time by Dr. Crawford Long in Jefferson, Georgia.
- 1901 – Marlene Dietrich, German Actress born in Schöneberg, Berlin, Germany.
- 1911 – “Jana Gana Mana”, the national anthem of India, is first sung in the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress.
- 1927 – Kern and Hammerstein’s musical play Show Boat, considered to be the first true American musical play, opens at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Broadway.
- 1933- The movie, Greed, was the #1 movie.
- 1945 – Gérard Depardieu, French Actor was born in Châteauroux, France.
- 1945 – Actor Richard Cromwell marries actress Angela Lansbury in Independence, California.
- 1955 – Guys and Dolls was the #1 movie.
- 1958 – The song, City Lights by Ray Price was the #1 song on the Hot Country Billboards.
- 1965 – Salman Khan, Indian film actor was born in Indore, India.
- 1968 – The Apollo 8 splashes down in the Pacific Ocean, ending the first orbital manned mission to the Moon.
- 1978 – Spain becomes a democracy after 40 years of fascist dictatorship.
- 1979 – The song, Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards.
- 1981 – The song, Yesterday’s Songs by Neil Diamond was the #1 song in Adult Contemporary Music.
- 1987 – Three Men and a Baby was the #1 movie.
- 1993 – Olivia Cooke, English Actress who starred as, “Emma,” in the series, “The Bates Motel,” was born in Oldham, United Kingdom.
- 1997 – Rapper Coolio weds Los Angeles DJ Josefa Salinas in Las Vegas.
- 1998 – Actor Brendan Fraser weds actress Afton Smith at Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles, California.
- 2008 – Actress and singer Scarlett Johansson (marries film actor Ryan Reynolds at Clayoquot Wilderness Retreat in Tofino, British Columbia.
- 2009 – TV personality Khloé Kardashian weds NBA basketball forward Lamar Odom in Beverly Hills, California.
- 2014 – Actor George Clooney weds lawyer Amal Alamuddin at the seven-star Aman Canal Grande hotel in Venice, Italy.
2016 – Carrie Fisher, American actress, screenwriter, author, producer, and speaker and actress who played, Princess Leah on Star Wars, passes away when she suffers cardiac arrest on a flight from London to Los Angeles at age 60.