All About December 8th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
December 8th Holidays
- National Brownie Day
- National Christmas Tree Day
- Take it in the Ear Day
- Pretend To Be a Time Traveler Day
December 8th Trivia
- 1542 – Mary, Queen of Scots was born.
- 1813 – Premiere of Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony.
- 1941 – U.S. enters WWII one day after the Japanese Imperial Navy launched an attack on Pearl Harbor, the United States declared war on Japan.
- 1947 – The #1 song in the US was Ballerina by Vaughn Monroe.
- 1953 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers his “Atoms for Peace” speech, which leads to an American program to supply equipment and information on nuclear power to schools, hospitals, and research institutions around the world.
- 1953 – Kim Basinger, American actress was born in Athens, GA.
- 1958 – Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was the #1 movie in the US starring Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman.
- 1964 – Teri Lynn Hatcher, American actress known for her role in 1966 – Sinéad O’Connor, Singer-songwriter was born in Glenageary, Ireland.
- 1976 – Tonight’s the Night by Rod Stewart was the #1 song in the US.
- 1978 – Ian Joseph Somerhalder is an American actor, model and director. known for his roles in Vampire Diaries and Lost, was born in Covington, LA.
- 1980 – John Lennon, English singer-songwriter, musician, producer assasinated by by Mark David Chapman in the archway of the Dakota, his residence in New York City. Lennon had just returned from Record Plant Studio with his wife, Yoko Ono.
- 1981 – The song, Black or White by Michael Jackson was the #1 song.
- 1982- Nicki Minaj, female rapper was born in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- 1994 – The #1 movie in the US was Disclosure starring Demi Moore.
- 1985 – The #1 song in the US was Broken Wings – Mr. Mister.
- 1987 – The #1 movie in the US was Throw Momma from the Train starring Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito.
- 1988 – The #1 song in the US was Look Away by Chicago.
- 2004 – Dimebag Darrell, American guitarist, songwriter and co founder of Pantera is shot to death by a fan who blames him for the band Pantera’s break up.
- 2018 – News reports that Trump picks Barr as attorney general, Nauert as U.N. ambassador.
- 2018 – James Fields convicted of first-degree murder in Charlottesville killing.
- 2018 – Marvel Studios on Friday released the first trailer for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame.
- 2019 – Frozen II is the #1 movie at the box office.
- 2019 – Chicago-area rapper Juice WRLD has died at the age of 21 after suffering a seizure at Midway Airport. His real name is Jarad Higgins.
- 2019 – At the State Dept. dinner for the Kennedy Center honorees Mike Pompeo wondered aloud when he would be “loved”. when Linda Ronstadt got up and looked him right in the eye and said “maybe when you stop enabling Donald Trump”.
- 2019 – Trending on Twitter – #Linda Ronstadt #JuiceWorld RIPKing #JohnLennon #BoreMeIn4Words