All About December 8th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
December 8th Holidays
- National Brownie Day
- National Christmas Tree Day
- Take it in the Ear Day
- Pretend To Be a Time Traveler Day
December 8th Trivia
- 1542 – Mary, Queen of Scots was born.
- 1813 – Premiere of Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony.
- 1941 – U.S. enters WWII one day after the Japanese Imperial Navy launched an attack on Pearl Harbor, the United States declared war on Japan.
- 1953 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers his “Atoms for Peace” speech, which leads to an American program to supply equipment and information on nuclear power to schools, hospitals, and research institutions around the world.
- 1953 – Kim Basinger, American actress was born in Athens, GA.
- 1964 – Teri Lynn Hatcher, American actress known for her role in 1966 – Sinéad O’Connor, Singer-songwriter was born in Glenageary, Ireland.
- 1978 – Ian Joseph Somerhalder is an American actor, model and director. known for his roles in Vampire Diaries and Lost, was born in Covington, LA.
- 1980 – John Lennon, English singer-songwriter, musician, producer assasinated by by Mark David Chapman in the archway of the Dakota, his residence in New York City. Lennon had just returned from Record Plant Studio with his wife, Yoko Ono.
- 1982- Nicki Minaj, female rapper was born in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- 2004 – Dimebag Darrell, American guitarist, songwriter and co founder of Pantera is shot to death by a fan who blames him for the band Pantera’s break up.