All About July 27th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
July 27th Holidays
- Bagpipe Appreciation Day
- Cross Atlantic Communication Day
- National Crème Brûlée Day
- National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
- National Scotch Day
- Take Your Pants For a Walk Day
- Walk on Stilts Day
July 27th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
July 27th Trivia
- 1890 – Vincent van Gogh shoots himself dying two days later.
- 1919 – The Chicago Race Riot happens after a racial incident occurred on a South Side beach, causing 38 fatalities and 537 injuries in 5 days.
- 1929 – The Geneva Convention of 1929, dealing with treatment of prisoners-of-war, is signed by 53 nations.
- 1975 – Alex Rodriguez, Baseball shortstop was born in NYC.
- 1969 – Triple H, American WWE wrestler was born Nashua, NH/
- 1977 – Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Irish actor known for his roles as Dracula and the Henry VIII in The Tudors, was born in Drimnagh, Dublin, Republic of Ireland.
- 1987 – RMS Titanic Inc. begins the first expedited salvage of wreckage of the RMS Titanic.
- 1992 – Disha Patani, Indian Actress was born in Bareilly, India.
- 2016 – At a news conference in Florida, U.S. Presidential Candidate Donald Trump publicly asks Russia to find and release private emails from Democratic opponent Hillary .
- 2017 – Boy Scouts of American chief Michael Surbaugh apologies for politically motivated remarks made by President Donald Trump at rally attended by 30,000 scouts after Trump inappropriately attacked Hillary Clinton, bragged about his election victory, and railed against the “fake news” media.
- 2018 – Donald Trump announces at a Tampa, Fl speech that in America you need a picture ID to buy groceries, in an effort to convince citizens we need an ID to vote. (You don’t)
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month