All About July 31st
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
July 31st Holidays
- National Avocado Day
- National Cotton Candy Day
- National Jump for Jelly Beans Day
- National Mutt Day
- National Raspberry Cake Day
- Shredded Wheat Day
- Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day
- World Ranger Day
July 31st Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
July 31st Trivia
- 1790 – The first U.S. patent is issued, to inventor Samuel Hopkins for a potash (mined salts) process.
- 1874 – Dr. Patrick Francis Healy became the first African-American inaugurated as resident of Georgetown University.
- 1938 – Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius the Great in Persepolis.
- 1962 – Wesley Trent Snipes is an American actor, film producer, martial artis was born in Orlando, FL.
- 1964 – Ranger program: Ranger 7 sends back the first close-up photographs of the moon.
- 1965 – J. K. Rowling, English author and film producer; created Harry Potter was born in Yate, United Kingdom.
- 1979 – B. J.” Novak, actor, writer, producer adn director known for his role as Ryan on, The Office, was born in Newton, MA.
- 1999 – Discovery Program: Lunar Prospector: NASA intentionally crashes the spacecraft into the Moon, thus ending its mission to detect frozen water on the moon’s surface.
- 2012 – Michael Phelps breaks the record set in 1964 by Larisa Latynina for the most medals won at the Olympics.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month