All About July 4th
Holidays, Trivia and Horoscope
July 4th Holidays
- Alice in Wonderland Day
- Independence Day
- Independence From Meat Day
- Indivisible Day
- National Barbecue Day
- National Barbecued Spareribs Day
- Invisible Day
- National Caesar Salad Day
- National Country Music Day
- Sidewalk Egg Frying Day
July 4th Zodiac
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, M1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.alala Yousafzai,
July 4th Trivia
- 1817 – In Rome, New York, construction on the Erie Canal begins.
- 1826 – Both Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, and John Adams, second president of the United States, die within five hours of each other, on July 4th, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States Declaration of Independence. Learn more
1827 – Slavery is abolished in the State of New York.
1831 – Samuel Francis Smith writes the anthem “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” for the Boston, Massachusetts July 4 festivities.
- 1881 – Ulysses S. Grant III, American general was born.
- 1911 – A massive 11 day heat wave strikes the northeastern United States, killing 380 people and many horses and breaking temperature records in several cities.
- 1943 – Geraldo Rivera, American lawyer, journalist, and author was born.
- 1976 – The U.S. celebrates its Bicentennial.
- 1997 – NASA’s Pathfinder space probe lands on the surface of Mars.
- 2004 – The cornerstone of the Freedom Tower is laid on the World Trade Center site in New York City.
- 2009 – The Statue of Liberty’s crown reopens to the public after eight years of closure due to security concerns following the September 11 attacks.
- 2020 – Records broken at socially distanced hot dog eating contest on Coney Island, NY when Joey “Jaws” Chestnut from California won the men’s division for the 13th time, swallowing 75 hot dogs in 10 minutes and Miki Sudo, from Connecticut, took the women’s title by downing 48.5 hot dogs. Learn more on BBC.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month