All About July 5th
Trivia, Holidays and Zodiac
July 5th Holidays
History: Celebrate the anniversary of the invention of the bikini in 1946 by a Parisian fashion designer, Louis Reard.
How to Observe: Put on your bikini and go to the beach!
When: Observed annually July 5th
National Apple Turnover Day
History: The Apple Turnover was first recorded at the end of the eighteenth century: an old woman preparing her turnovers, commonly called apple-pies’ (Sporting Magazine, 1798).
How to Observe: Find a recipe and make an apple turnover! If you are not a cook, find a bakery, buy one and eat it!
When: Observed annually July 5th
National Graham Cracker Day
When: Observed annually onJuly 5th
History: The graham cracker was originally invented as a “health food” as part of the “Graham Diet”. Developed by Presbyterian minister, Sylvester Graham in the early 1800s.
How to Observe: Eat a graham cracker, make a S’more, or try to bake some yourself! (Recipe)
National Workaholics Day
What: A holiday to observe those that put everything they have into work! Take the day off, play hookie and just for today enjoy a healthy balance or work and play.
When: Observed annually on July 5th
July 5th Horoscope
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, M1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.alala Yousafzai,
July 5th Trivia
- 1937 – Hormel Foods Corporation introduces Spam.
- 1946 – The bikini debuts for the first time during an outdoor fashion show at the Molitor Pool in Paris, France.
- 1975 – Arthur Ashe becomes the first black man to win the Wimbledon singles title.
- 1980 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Coming Up (Live At Glasgow),” by Paul McCartney And Wings.
- 1986 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was,”There’ll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry),” by Billy Ocean.
- 1996 – Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal cloned from an adult cell.
- 2016 – The Juno space probe arrives at Jupiter and begins a 20-month survey of the planet.
- 2020 – Nick Cordero, Canadian actor passed away from Coronavirus at 41 years old after a long three month battle. [NYT]
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month