All About June 11th
Holidays, Trivia and Horoscope
June 11th Holidays and Observances
- Corn on the Cob Day
- Cousteau Day
- National German Chocolate Cake Day
- National King Kamehameha Day
- National Making Life Beautiful Day
June 11th Zodiac
Gemini is the third astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini.
Time period: May 21 – June 21
Ruling planet: Mercury
Zodiac quality: Mutable
Color: Light-Green, Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 14, 23
Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
Geminis like books and talking a lot and going on trips.
Weaknesses: Geminis have a nervous energy, they can be inconsistent and have a hard time making up their mind. They don’t like routines, they get bored easy and they love being spontaneous.
Famous Geminis: Johnny Depp, Angelina Joli, Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy, Naomi Cambell, Donald Trump, Kanye West, Tupac Shakir, Prince, North West, Morgan Freeman, Paul McCartney, Clint Eastwood, Mark Wahlberg, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Helena Bonham Carter, Lauryn Hill, Judy Garland, Venus Williams, John Wayne, Shia LaBeouf, Micheal J. Fox, Che Guevara, Tim Allen, Rafael Nadal. Vincent Price, Elizabeth Hurley, Bob Hope, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Zachary Quinto, Annette Bening, Greg Kinnear, Greg Kinnear, Anne Heche.
June 11th Trivia
- 1509 – Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- 1788 – Russian explorer Gerasim Izmailov reaches Alaska.
- 1825 – The first cornerstone is laid for Fort Hamilton in New York City.
- 1910 – Jacques Cousteau, French biologist, author, inventor, co-developed the aqua-lung was born.
- 1933 – Gene Wilder, American actor known for his role as Willie Wonka, was born.
- 1955 – In one of history’s worst car racing accidents, Pierre Levegh’s Mercedes crashed into a crowd of spectators and burst into flames.
- 1956 – Joe Montana, American football player was born.
- 1959 – Hugh Laurie best known for his role as, “House” was born in Blackbird Leys, Oxford.
- 1963 – John F. Kennedy addresses Americans from the Oval Office proposing the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which would revolutionize American society by guaranteeing equal access to public facilities, ending segregation in education, and guaranteeing federal protection for voting rights.
- 1969 – Peter Hayden Dinklage is an American actor and film producer was born.
- 1970 – Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington officially receive their ranks as U.S. Army Generals, becoming the first females to do so.
- 1979 – 1979 John Wayne American actor, singer, director, producer passed away.
- 1988 – Claire Rhiannon Holt, an Australian actress, known for her roles as Rebekah Mikaelson in the television series The Vampire Diaries was born in Brisbane, Australia.
- 2002 – Antonio Meucci is acknowledged as the first inventor of the telephone by the United States Congress.