All About June 30th
Trivia, Horoscope and Holidays
June 30th Holidays & Observances
- International Asteroid Day
- National Meteor Day
- National OOTD Day
NATIONAL OOTD DAY. (Outfit of the Day)
On June 30, National OOTD Day gives us an opportunity to express ourselves and document our personal style. Fashion and self-expression both play a role in self-confidence. Read More Here.
- National Organization for Women Day
On June 30, 1966, the National Organization for Women was founded by a group of activists who wanted to end sex discrimination. Today, the organization remains as a cornerstone of the women’s rights movement.
On June 30, 1966, Betty Friedan wrote three letters on a paper napkin: N O W. She invited fifteen women to her hotel room. Then, Catherine Conroy slid a five-dollar bill onto the table and said, “Put your money down and sign your name.” In that moment, the National Organization for Women became a reality. Continue Reading Here.
- Social Media Day
June 30th Horoscope
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, Malala Yousafzai,
June 30th Trivia
- 296 – Pope Marcellinus begins his papacy.
- 1559 – King Henry II of France is mortally wounded in a jousting match against Gabriel, comte de Montgomery.
- 1912 – The Regina Cyclone, Canada’s deadliest tornado event, kills 28 people in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- 1953 – The first Chevrolet Corvette is produced in Flint, Michigan.
- 1956 – A TWA Super Constellation and a United Airlines DC-7 collide above the Grand Canyon in Arizona and crash, killing all 128 on board both airliners.
- 1985 – Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer is born in Baltimore, MD.
- 1990 – East Germany and West Germany merge their economies.
- 1966 – Mike Tyson, American boxer, was born in Ny, NYC.
- 1984 – Fantasia Barrino, American Idol singer was born in High Point, NC.
Monthly Awareness Observances
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Aphasia Awareness Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Hernia Awareness Month
- LGBT Pride Month
- Lipedema / Lipoedema Awareness Month
- Men’s Health Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Scleroderma Awareness Month