All About June 6th
Here is a collection of all the things you’ve ever wanted to know about June 6th. What happened on this day, which celebrity shares a birthday with you and what silly holidays fall on June 6th?
June 6th Holidays
- Atheist Pride Day
- Drive-in Movie Day
- National Applesauce Cake Day
- National Eyewear Day
- National Gardening Exercise Day
- National Higher Education Day
- National Hunger Awareness Day
- National Yo-yo Day
- Russian Language Day
June 6th Zodiac
Time period: May 21 – June 21
Ruling planet: Mercury
Zodiac quality: Mutable
Color: Light-Green, Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 14, 23
Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
Geminis like books and talking a lot and going on trips.
Weaknesses: Geminis have a nervous energy, they can be inconsistent and have a hard time making up their mind. They don’t like routines, they get bored easy and they love being spontaneous.
Famous Geminis: Johnny Depp, Angelina Joli, Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy, Naomi Cambell, Donald Trump, Kanye West, Tupac Shakir, Prince, North West, Morgan Freeman, Paul McCartney, Clint Eastwood, Mark Wahlberg, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Helena Bonham Carter, Lauryn Hill, Judy Garland, Venus Williams, John Wayne, Shia LaBeouf, Micheal J. Fox, Che Guevara, Tim Allen, Rafael Nadal. Vincent Price, Elizabeth Hurley, Bob Hope, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Zachary Quinto, Annette Bening, Greg Kinnear, Greg Kinnear, Anne Heche.
June 6th Trivia
- 913 – Emperor Alexander III dies of exhaustion while playing the game tzykanion (Byzantine name for polo). He is succeeded by his 8-year-old nephew Constantine VII.
- 1243 – Alix of Brittany, Dame de Pontarcy; Breton noble is born.
- 1654 – Queen Christina abdicates the Swedish throne and is succeeded by her cousin Charles X Gustav.
- 1735 – Anton Schweitzer, German composer is born.
- 1749 – The Conspiracy of the Slaves in Malta is discovered.
- 1756 – John Trumbull, American soldier and painter is born.
- 1844 – The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) is founded in London.
- 1868 Robert Falcon Scott, British leader of ill-fated south pole expedition, born in Plymouth, England was born.
- 1892 – The Chicago “L” elevated rail system begins operation.
- 1912 – The eruption of Novarupta in Alaska begins. It is the largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century.
- 1923 – V. C. Andrews, American author, illustrator, and painter is born.
- 1939 – Judge Joseph Force Crater, New York Supreme Court Justice, known as the “Missingest Man in New York”, is declared legally dead.
- 1944 – World War II , Allied forces invaded northern France by means of beach landings in Normandy.
- 1946 – The Basketball Association of America is founded in New York City.
- 1951 – Dwight Twilley, American rock singer-songwriter, guitarist, and pianist is born.
- 1956 Björn Borg, Swedish tennis champion (Wimbledon 1976-79), born in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1956 – Jay C Buckey, American physician/astronaut (STS 58 alt, sk: 90), born in NYC, New York.
- 2017 – The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, suggests that Donald Trump’s U.K. visit should be cancelled after his tasteless reaction to the attack in London.
- 2017 – Bill Clinton says ‘Today’ interview about #MeToo, Lewinsky wasn’t his ‘finest hour’ after saying he apologized publicly but never personally to Monica Lewinsky.