All About November 14th
Holiday, Horoscope and Trivia
November 14th Holidays
- Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day
- National American Teddy Bear Day
- National Pickle Day
- National Spicy Guacamole Day
- Operating Room Nurse Day
- Spirit of National Speakers Association Day
- World Diabetes Day
November 14th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
November 14th Trivia
- 1851 – Moby Dick Makes its Debut in the United States.
- 1862 – American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln approves General Ambrose Burnside’s plan to capture the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, leading to the Battle of Fredericksburg.
- 1886 – Friedrich Soennecken first developed the hole puncher.
- 1889 – Nelie Bly starts her journey to go around the world in 80 days starting her adventure in Hoboken and came back 72 days later.
- 1898 – Benjamin Fondane, Romanian/French poet, critic, philosopher is born.
- 1910 – Aviator Eugene Burton Ely performs the first takeoff from a ship in Hampton Roads, Virginia, taking off from the makeshift deck on the USS Birmingham in a Curtiss pusher.
- 1938 – The Lions Gate Bridge, connecting Vancouver to the North Shore region, opens to traffic.
- 1948 – Charles, Prince of Wales is born in the Buckingham Palace, London, United Kingdom.
- 1954 – Condoleezza Rice, American diplomat, 66th United States Secretary of State is born in Birmingham, AL.
- 1954 – Yanni, Greek composer is born in , Kalamata, Greece.
- 1960 – Ruby Bridges becomes the first black child to attend an all-white elementary school in Louisiana.
- 1967 – American physicist Theodore Maiman patents the ruby laser systems, the world’s first laser.
- 1969 – Apollo 12 launched for NASA’s second manned mission to the Moon with the crew of Commander Charles Conrad, Jr. Richard F. Gordon, Jr. and Alan L. Bean. It landed on the Moon on November 19 and was the first spacecraft to take a color TV camera to the Moon.
- 1971 – NASA’s Mariner 9 entered Mars’ orbit after 167 days in space and became the first spacecraft to orbit a planet.
- 1973 – In the United Kingdom, Princess Anne marries Captain Mark Phillips, in Westminster Abbey.
- 1979 – US President Jimmy Carter issues Executive order 12170, freezing all Iranian assets in the United States in response to the hostage crisis.
- 2003 – Astronomers Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz discover 90377 Sedna, a Trans-Neptunian object (a minor planet.)
- 2010 – At 23 years old, the German competitive race driver Sebastian Vettel became the youngest person to win the World Championship in Formula One.