All About November 17th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 17th Holidays
Everyday is full of holidays that we never heard of. Below are some of the holidays and observances for November 17th.
- Electronic Greeting Card Day
- Homemade Bread Day
- International Students’ Day
- National Baklava Day
- National Farm Joke Day
- National Take a Hike Day
- National Unfriend Day
- The Little Mermaid Day
- World Prematurity Day
November 17th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
What do these celebrities have in common?
November 17th Trivia
Here is a list of historical events, celebrity birthdays and epic moments throughout history with a little fun trivia throw in!
- 1292 – John Balliol becomes King of Scotland.
- 1820 – Captain Nathaniel Palmer becomes the first American to see Antarctica.
- 1858 – The city of Denver, Colorado is founded.
- 1894 – H. H. Holmes, one of the first modern American serial killers, is arrested in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1925 – Rock Hudson, American actor was born in Winnetka, IL.
- 1942 – Martin Scorsese, American-Italian filmmaker was born in , Queens, New York City, NY.
- 1944 – Danny DeVito, American actor was born in Neptune Township, NJ.
- 1947 – American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Houser Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th century.
- 1960 – RuPaul, American drag queen was born in, San Diego, CA.
- 1966 – Jeff Buckley, American singer-songwriter was born in Orange, Cal.
- 1978 – Rachel McAdams, Actress was born in London, Canada.
- 1980 – The movie, “Private Benjamin” starring Goldie Hawn was the #1 movie.
- 1985 – The movie, “Once Bitten” was the #1 movie at the box offices and grossed $4,025,657.
- 1987 – “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany was the number one song on the billboards.
- 1986 – Nani, Professional Soccer player was born in Amadora, Portugal.
- 2013 – In an uncommon late-season tornado outbreak, the Midwest. Illinois and Indiana are hit with about a dozen tornadoes that touch down in an 11-hour time period, including seven EF3 and two EF4 tornadoes.