All About November 25th
Holidays, Horocope and Trivia
November 25th Holidays
- Blasé Day
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- National Parfait Day
- Shopping Reminder Day
November 25th Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittariuses: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bruce Lee, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
November 25th Trivia
- 1487 – Elizabeth of York is crowned Queen of England.
- 1759 – An earthquake hits the Mediterranean destroying Beirut and Damascus and killing between 30,000-40,000 people.
- 1839 – A cyclone hits India with high winds and a 40-foot storm surge, destroying the port city of Coringa. The storm wave sweeps inland, taking with it 20,000 ships and thousands of people. An estimated 300,000 deaths result from the disaster.
- 1914 – Joe DiMaggio, American baseball player was born in Martinez, CA.
- 1915 – Albert Einstein presents the field equations of general relativity to the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
- 1920 – Ricardo Montalbán, Mexican actor known for being on tv series, “Fantasy Island” was born in Mexico City, Mexico.
- 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history kills 76 people and injures more than 400.
- 1944 – Ben Stein, American writer was born in Washington, D.C..
- 1960 – John F. Kennedy Jr., American lawyer was born in Martha’s Vineyard, MA.
- 1963 – President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia, in Washington, D.C.
1963 – Lee Harvey Oswald is buried in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1960 – Amy Grant, American singer-songwriter was bornin Augusta, Ga.
- 1971 – Christina Applegate, American actress was born in West Hollywood, CA.
- 1984 – Thirty-six top musicians gather in a Notting Hill studio and record Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- 1987 – Typhoon Nina hits the Philippines with category 5 winds of 165 mph and a surge that destroys entire villages causing at least 1,036 deaths.
- 1987 – The movie, “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” was released starring Steve Martin and John Candy.
- 1996 – A rare ice storm strikes the central U.S., killing 26 people. A powerful windstorm affects Florida and winds gust over 90 mph, toppling trees and flipping trailers.
- 1999 – A 5-year-old Cuban boy, Elian Gonzalez, is rescued by fishermen while floating in an inner tube off the Florida coast.
- 2016 – Fidel Castro, Communist leader of Cuba, and revolutionary passes away.
- 2016 – Ron Glass, American actor from the tv series, “Barney Miller” passes away.