All About November 8th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 8th Holidays
- Abet and Aid Punsters Day
- Cook Something Bold Day
- National Ample Time Day
- National Cappuccino Day
- National Dunce Day
- National Harvey Wallbanger Day
- National Parents as Teachers Day
- National STEM Day
- World Town Planning Day
- X-ray Day
November 8th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
November 8th Trivia
- 1895 – While experimenting with electricity, Wilhelm Röntgen, a German mechanical engineer, discovers the X-ray.
- 1949 – Bonnie Raitt, American country singer-songwriter was born in Burbank, California.
- 1966 – Gordon Ramsay, British chef was born in Johnstone, United Kingdom.
- 1966 – Former Massachusetts Attorney General Edward Brooke becomes the first African American elected to the United States Senate since Reconstruction.
- 1967 – Courtney Thorne-Smith, American actress was born in San Francisco, CA.
- 1972 – HBO launches its programming, with the broadcast of the 1971 movie Sometimes a Great Notion, starring Paul Newman and Henry Fonda.
- 1973 – The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay US$2.9 million.
- 1973 – David Muir, American journalist was born in Syracuse, New York.
- 1975 – Tara Reid, American actress was born in Wyckoff, NJ.
- 1977 – Manolis Andronikos, a Greek archaeologist and professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, discovers the tomb of Philip II of Macedon at Vergina.
- 1986 – Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman and Kevin Nealon join NBC’s Saturday Night Live.
- 2013 – Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded, strikes the Visayas region of the Philippines killing at least 6,340 people dead and causing $2.86 billion in damage.
- 2018 – Actor Michael Douglas gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 2018 – Today in Thousand Oaks California, 12 were shot dead in yet another shooting. As of today there has been 307 mass shootings in the 311 days of 2018.
- 2020 – Alex Trebek, ‘Jeopardy!’ host, dies at 80 of pancreatic cancer. [CNN]