All About November 9th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 9th Holidays
- Carl Sagan Day
- Go to an Art Museum Today Day
- National Chaos Never Dies Day
- National Microtia Awareness Day
- National Scrapple Day
- World Freedom Day
November 9th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
November 9th Trivia
- 1620 – Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1854 – Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton, wife/widow of Alexander Hamilton and co-founder of the first private orphanage in New York passes away.
- 1861 – The first documented football match in Canada is played at University College, Toronto.
- 1872 – The Great Boston Fire of 1872 happened.
- 1888 – The deceased body of Mary Jane Kelly, believed to be the final victim of Jack the Ripper, is discovered in Spitalfields, London, England.
- 1906 – Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country.
- 1913 – The Great Lakes Storm of 1913 happens, which is considered the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
- 1934 – Carl Sagan, American astronomer was born in New York City, New York.
- 1951 – Lou Ferrigno, American actor was born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York.
- 1965 – Several U.S. states and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13 hours in the Northeast blackout of 1965.
- 1967 – NASA launches the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft atop the first Saturn V rocket from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- 1967 – The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine is published.
- 1970 – Chris Jericho, American-Canadian professional wrestler was born in Winnipeg, Canada.
- 1972 – Eric Dane, American actor known for his role as Dr. Mark Sloan on the medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy,was born in San Francisco, CA.
- 1973 – Nick Lachey, American actor , reality tv star, and ex husband of Jessica Simpson was born in Harlan, KY.
- 1985 – Garry Kasparov, 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating fellow Soviet Anatoly Karpov.
- 1991 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Cream,” by Prince And The N.P.G..
- 1994 – The chemical element darmstadtium is discovered.
- 2013 – A cat named, Sophie Smith, set the world record for longest cat hair measuring 25.68 cm in Oceanside, California.
- 2016 – Donald Trump is declared the winner of the US Presidential Election