All About October 23rd
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 23rd Holidays
Here is a list of today’s quirky, silly and weird holidays for October 23rd.
- National Boston Cream Pie Day
- National Canning Day
- National iPod Day
- National Mole Day
- National Slap Your Irritating Co-Worker Day
- Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day
- TV Talk Show Host Day
October 23rd Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
October 23rd Trivia
Famous birthdays, historical events and just small tidbits of random trivia for October 22nd.
- 1812 – Claude François de Malet, a French general, begins a conspiracy to overthrow Napoleon Bonaparte.
- 1850 – The first National Women’s Rights Convention begins in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States.
- 1911 – First use of aircraft in war: Italo-Turkish War: An Italian pilot takes off from Libya to observe Turkish army lines.
- 1925 – Johnny Carson, American television host of The Tonight Show was born in Corning, IA.
- 1942 – Michael Crichton, American author, screenwriter, director, producer was born.
- 1956 – Dwight Yoakam, American singer-songwriter for country music was born in Pikeville, KY.
- 1957 – Christian Dior, French fashion designer, founded S.A. passes away from a heart attack.
- 1959 – Nancy Grace, American commentator was born in Macon, GA.
- 1959 – “Weird Al” Yankovic, American singer-songwriter, comedian, actor was born.
- 1964 – Jean-Paul Sartre, a French existentialist philosopher, because he did not want to take sides in the East and West struggle of the Cold War, by accepting an award that was given out by Western institutions.
- 1969 – Sanjay Gupta, Neurosurgeon and news commentator was born in Novi, MI.
- 1976 – Ryan Reynolds, Canadian actor was born in Vancouver, Canada.
- 1984 – Meghan McCain, American columnist and daughter of Senator John McCain was born in Phoenix, AZ.
- 1998 Swatch announces internet time called the .beat.
- 2001 – Apple announces the first iPod Player.
- 2004 – A powerful earthquake and its aftershocks hit Niigata Prefecture in northern Japan, killing 35 people, injuring 2,200, and leaving 85,000 homeless or evacuated.
- 2015 – The lowest sea-level pressure in the Western Hemisphere, and the highest reliably-measured non-tornadic sustained winds, are recorded in Hurricane Patricia, which strikes Mexico hours later, killing at least 13 and causing over $280 million in damages.
Stop by our Time for the Holidays
Whimsical Hand Drawn Halloween Shop!
We have Halloween cards, invitations, stickers, plates, napkins, confetti and other fun party supplies!