All About October 25th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 25th Holidays
- International Artist Day
- National Cartoonists Against Crime Day
- National Greasy Foods Day
- Punk for a Day Day
- Sourest Day
- World Pasta Day
- World Pizza Makers Day
October 25th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
October 25th Trivia
- 1760 – George III started his reign as the King of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1806 – Henry Knox, general was a military officer of the Continental Army and later the United States Army, who also served as the first United States Secretary of War from 1789 to 1794. He was at a friend’s house when Knox accidentally swallowed a chicken bone, which became lodged in his throat. It became infected and he died at home three days later, on October 25 at 56 years old.
- 1825 -Johann Strauss II, an Austrian composer of light music, particularly dance music and operettas was born in Neubau.
- 1861 – The Toronto Stock Exchange is created.
- 1881 – Pablo Picasso, Spanish painter, sculptor was born in Málaga, Spain.
- 1920 – After 74 days on hunger strike in protest that he was tried by a military court and imrprisoned for sedition, n Brixton Prison, England, the Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Cork, Terence MacSwiney dies.
- 1940 – Benjamin Oliver Davis became the first African-American general in the United States Army.
- 1940 – Bob Knight, American basketball player, coach was born.
- 1955 – Sadako Sasaki, the Japanese girl who was 2 years old when the American atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, near her home next to the Misasa Bridge. Sasaki became one of the most widely known hibakusha – a Japanese term meaning “bomb-affected person” and passed away on October 25th, 1955.
- 1962 – Uganda became a member state of the United Nations.
- 1971 – Craig Robinson, American actor known for his role as Darryl in the tv series, “The Office, was born in Chicago, IL.
- 1973 – Yom Kippur War officially ends with a ceasefire.
- 1972 – Persia White. American actress, known for her role as Bonnie’s mom on the tv series, “Vampire Diaries was born in Miami, FL.
- 1983 – Invasion of Grenada happened, which was a A U.S. led invasion called Operation Urgent Fury was triggered by a coup that ended with the murder of Prime Minister Maurice Bishop. The invasion ended with U.S. victory.
- 1984 – Katy Perry, American singer-songwriter, actress was born in Santa Barbara, CA.
- 1985 – Ciara, American singer was born in Austin, Texas.
- 1992 – Roger Miller, American singer-songwriter, actor famous for songs like, “Dang Me” and “King of the Road” passes away from lung cancer.
- 2018 – Hurricane Michael unearthed the wreckage of at least one, and possibly two, 19th-century ships.
- 2018 – Sahle-Work Zewde becomes Ethiopia’s first female president.