All About October 29th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 29th Holidays
- International Internet Day
- National Cat Day
- National Hermit Day
- National Oatmeal Day
- World Psoriasis Day
- World Stroke Day
October 29th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
October 29th Trivia
- 1390 – First trial for witchcraft in Paris leading to the death of three people.
- 1863 – Red Cross founded.
- 1901 – In Amherst, Massachusetts, nurse Jane Toppan is arrested for murdering the Davis family of Boston with an overdose of morphine.
- 1901 – Leon Czolgosz, the assassin of U.S. President William McKinley, is executed by electrocution.
- 1929 – The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of ’29 or “Black Tuesday.”
- 1941 – As part of the Holocaust, over 10,000 Jews are shot by German occupiers at the Ninth Fort, a massacre known as the “Great Action”.
- 1942 – In the United Kingdom, leading clergymen and political figures hold a public meeting to register outrage over Nazi Germany’s persecution of Jews.
- 1947 – Richard Dreyfuss, American actor was born in NYC, New York.
- 1948 – Kate Jackson, American actress and one of Charlie’s Angels” was born in Birmingham, Al.
- 1969 – The first-ever computer-to-computer link is established on ARPANET, the precursor to the Internet.
- 1971 – In Macon, Georgia, guitarist Duane Allman is killed in a motorcycle accident.
- 1971 – Winona Ryder, American actress was born in Olmsted County, Minnesota, MN.
- 1991 – The American Galileo spacecraft makes its closest approach to 951 Gaspra, becoming the first probe to visit an asteroid.
- 1998 – John Glenn flew on the Discovery shuttle at the age of 77 years, making him the oldest person to fly in space.
- 1999 – The Odisha cyclone devastates Odisha, India killing 10,405 people and causing over 4 billion in damage.
- 2008 – Delta Air Lines merges with Northwest Airlines, creating the world’s largest airline
- 2012 – Hurricane Sandy, a category 3, hits the US’s eastern coast causing $70 billion in damages and killing 285 people.
- 2015 – China announces the end of One-child policy after 35 years.
- 2017 – In the Trump Era: 160 white nationalists assembled chanting, “Closed borders, white nation, now we start the deportation” in Shelbyville, Tennessee, where they were soon outnumbered by about 400 counter-protesters.
- 2017 – Tropical Storm Philippe to hit New York
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics, Pixabay, Checkiday and Wiki.