All About October 4th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 4th Holidays
- Blessing of the Animals at the Cathedral Day
- Cinnamon Roll Day
- Improve Your Office Day
- International Toot Your Flute Day
- National Golf Day
- National Ships-in-Bottles Day
- National Vodka Day
- National Taco Day
- World Animal Day
October 4th Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Cambell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Effron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Surandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue and Gwen Stefani.
October 4th Trivia
- 1535 – The Coverdale Bible is printed, with translations into English by William Tyndale and Myles Coverdale.
- 1824 – Mexico adopts a new constitution and becomes a federal republic.
- 1895 – First US Open for Golf was played at the Newport Country Club in Newport, Rhode Island, with Horace Rawlins, a 21-year old Englishman being the winner.
- 1923 – Charlton Heston , American actor was born in Evanston, IL.
- 1927 – Gutzon Borglum begins sculpting Mount Rushmore.
- 1946 – Susan Sarandon, American actress was born in NYC, New York.
- 1957 – The Soviet Union launched the Sputnik, which was the first artificial satellite successfully launched.
- 1958 – The current constitution of France is adopted.
- 1970 – Janis Joplin, American singer-songwriter passes away from an Opioid overdose.
- 1976 – Alicia Silverstone, American actress was born in San Francisco, CA.
- 1979 – Rachael Leigh Cook, American actress was born in Minneapolis, MN.
- 1983 – Richard Noble sets a new land speed record of 633.468 miles per hour (1,019.468 km/h) at the Black Rock Desert in Nevada.
- 1997 – The second largest cash robbery in U.S. history occurs in North Carolina when 17.3 million dollars was stolen from Loomis Fargo Bank.
- 2006 – WikiLeaks is launched.