All About October 5th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 5th Holidays
- Do Something Nice Day
- Global James Bond Day
- Manufacturing Day
- National Apple Betty Day
- National Get Funky Day
- National Storytelling Day
- World Teachers’ Day
October 5th Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Cambell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Effron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Surandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue and Gwen Stefani.
October 5th Trivia
- 1938 – In Nazi Germany, Jews’ passports are invalidated.
- 1945 – A six-month strike by Hollywood set decorators turns into a bloody riot at the gates of the Warner Brothers studio.
- 1947 – Harry Truman, the 33rd President of the US, gives the first televised presidential speech.
- 1948 – The Ashgabat earthquake kills between 10,000 and 110,000 people.
- 1956 – Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 1957 – Bernie Mac, American stand-up comedian was born in Chicago, Il.
- 1962 – James Bond makes his theatrical debut.
- 1969 – Monty Python’s Flying Circus makes its debut.
- 1975 – Kate Winslet, English actress, singer was born in Reading, United Kingdom.
- 1983 – Jesse Eisenberg, American actor was born in Queens, New York City, NY.
- 1984 – First Canadian in space, Marc Garneau, flew as the payload specialist on STS-41-G, the 6th flight of NASA’s Space Shuttle Challenger. The flight that launched on this day was also the first space mission to have 2 women – Sally Ride and Kathryn Sullivan.
- 2011 – Steve Jobs. American businessman, co-founded Apple Inc., Pixar.