All About September 11th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
September 11th Holidays
- “I Want to Start My Own Business” Day
- Libraries Remember Day
- Make Your Bed Day
- National Emergency Responders Day
- National Hot Cross Bun Day
- National Day of Service and Remembrance
- National No News Is Good News Day
- Patriot Day
- Remember Freedom Day
- Women’s Baseball Day
September 11th Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans.
September 11th Trivia
- 1792 – The Hope Diamond is stolen along with other French crown jewels when six men break into the house where they are stored.
- 1851 – Escaped slaves stand against their former owner in armed resistance in Christiana, Pennsylvania, creating a rallying cry for the abolitionist movement.
- 1862 – O. Henry, American short story writer was born in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- 1903 – The first race at the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin is held. It is the oldest major speedway in the world.
- 1922 – The Sun News-Pictorial is founded in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1954 – Hurricane Edna hits New England as a Category 2 hurricane, killing 29 people.
- 1978 – Janet Parker, a British medical photographer, became the last recorded person to die from smallpox.in which after, all known stocks of smallpox were destroyed or transferred to one of two Biosafety level 4, WHO reference laboratories for smallpox.
- 1992 – Hurricane Iniki, devastates the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Oahu.
- 1993 – Farrah Moan, American drag queen and entertainer was born in Houston, Texas.
- 1997 – NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor, NASA’ robotic aircraft, reaches Mars.
- 2001 – September 11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda against the United States.. 2,996 people were killed in the attacks and 6,000 were injured. To this day we have lost more people and search and rescue dogs to 9/11-related cancer and respiratory diseases.
Casualties at the World Trade Center
1 762 residents of New York
1 402 persons in Tower 1
674 residents of New Jersey
658 employees of Cantor Fitzgerald L.P.
614 persons in Tower 2
355 employees of Marsh Inc.
175 employees of Aon Corporation
37 Port Authority police officers
23 police officers
1 firefighter was killed by a man who jumped off the top floors
On airplanes there were 246 members of the crews and passengers.
87 on American Airlines Flight 11
60 on United Airlines Flight 175
59 on American Airlines Flight 77
40 on United Flight 93
During the attack on the Pentagon 125 military personnel and civilians died.
Read More 911Memorial. The People who Died
- 2003 – John Ritter, American actor from the popular tv show, Three’s Company, passes away from a heart condition.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics: Checkiday, Pixabay and Wiki.