All About September 12th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
September 12th Holidays
- International Day for South-South Cooperation
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- National Day of Encouragement
- National Police Woman Day
- National Report Medicare Fraud Day
- Video Games Day
September 12th Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans.
September 12th Trivia
- 1609 – Henry Hudson begins his exploration of the Hudson River while aboard the Halve Maen.
- 1634 – A gunpowder factory explodes in Valletta, Malta, killing 22 people and damaging several buildings.
- 1846 – Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning, both English poets elope.
- 1848 – A new constitution marks the establishment of Switzerland as a federal state.
- 1913 – Jesse Owen, American track and field athlete and four-time Olympic gold medalist in the 1936 Games was born in Oakville, Alabama, AL.
- 1915 – French soldiers rescue over 4,000 Armenian Genocide survivors stranded on Musa Dagh during the Armenian Holocaust.
- 1940 – Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- 1952 – A popular UFO sighting and monster sighting, take place in Flatwoods, West Virginia. Learn more here.
- 1959 – Bonanza premieres, the first regularly scheduled TV program presented in color.
- 1962 – President Kennedy gave his We choose to go to the Moon speech at Rice University.
- 1973 – Paul Walker, American actor was born in Valencia, Santa Clarita, CA.
- 1978 – Ruben Studdard, American Idol winner and Gospel singer was born in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1982 – Yusuf Gatewood, actor known for his role as Vincent in The Originals was born in Hillsborough, NC.
- 1988 – Hurricane Gilbert hits Jamaica first then heads towards Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula two days later, causing an estimated $5 billion in damage.
- 1992 – NASA launches Space Shuttle Endeavour on STS-47 which marked the 50th shuttle mission. On board are Mae Carol Jemison, the first African-American woman in space, Mamoru Mohri, the first Japanese citizen to fly in a US spaceship, and Mark Lee and Jan Davis, the first married couple in space. [Wiki]
- 2011 – The National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City opens to the public.
- 2017 – Allan MacEachen, Canadian economist and politician, Deputy Prime Minister of Canada passes away.
- 2017 – Edith Windsor, American LGBT rights activist and technology manager at IBM passes away.
- 2018 – Catergory 3 Hurricane Florence hurricane approaches the U.S. East Coast and evacuation is underway. [CBS]