All About September 13th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
September 13th Holidays
- Bald is Beautiful Day
- Fortune Cookie Day
- International Chocolate Day
- Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day
- National Defy Superstition Day
- National Celiac Awareness Day
- National Peanut Day
- Positive Thinking Day
- Roald Dahl Day
- Snack a Pickle Day
- Uncle Sam Day
Stop by our September Holidays Gift Shop
September 13th Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans, Niall Horan.
September 13th Trivia
A list of historical events, celebrity birthdays, inventions and other random trivia about September 13th.
- 1609 – Henry Hudson reaches the river that would later be named after him – the Hudson River.
- 1898 – Hannibal Goodwin patents celluloid photographic film.
- 1899 – Henry Bliss is the first person in the United States to be killed in an automobile accident. He was getting out of a streetcar at West 74th Street and Central Park West in New York City, when an electric-powered taxicab struck him
- 1933 – Elizabeth McCombs becomes the first woman elected to the New Zealand Parliament.
- 1944 – Jacqueline Bisset, Actress, was born in Weybridge, United Kingdom.]
- 1948 – Margaret Chase Smith is elected United States senator, and becomes the first woman to serve in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the United States Senate.
- 1969 – Tyler Perry, American actor was born in New Orleans, LA.
- 1977 – Fiona Apple, American singer-songwriter was born in NYC, New York.
- 1980 – Ben Savage, American actor known for his role as Cory on tv series, Boy Meets World was born in Chicago, Il.
- 1985 – Super Mario Bros. is released in Japan starting the Super Mario series of platforming games.
- 1993 – Niall Horan, Irish singer who rose to fame in the boy band One Direction then continuing to be successful on his own, was born in Mullingar, Republic of Ireland.
- 2008 – Hurricane Ike hits the Texas Gulf Coast of the United States, causing heavy damage to Galveston Island and Houston,
- 2018 – People on the East Coast of the United States brace as Hurricane Florence starts to make landfall.
- 2018 – President Trump tweets that the federal response to that storm an “incredible, unsung success” and rejected the official estimate that almost 3,000 people had died, blaming Democrats for making up numbers.
- 2019 – Singer Eddie Money, who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer, passes away at age 70.
- 2020 – Coronavirus cases are up to cases 28.8M infected and 921K fatalities. [Covid-Alert]
- 2020 – Wildfires continue to burn across much of the west coast of the United States. [cnbc]
- 2020 – President Trump held his first indoor rally in Nevada despite growing cases of Coronavirus, drawing in much negative feedback. [CNN]