All About September 18th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
September 18th Holidays
- Chiropractic Founders Day
- Hug a Greeting Card Writer Day
- International Read an eBook Day
- National Cheeseburger Day
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
- National Respect Day
- Rice Krispies Treats Day
- World Bamboo Day
- World Water Monitoring Day
September 18th Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans, Niall Horan.
September 18th Trivia
- 1793 – The first cornerstone of the United States Capitol is laid by George Washington.
- 1809 – The Royal Opera House in London opens.
- 1837 – Tiffany and Co. (first named Tiffany & Young) is founded by Charles Lewis Tiffany and Teddy Young in New York City.
- 1850 – The U.S. Congress passes the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850.
- 1851 – First publication of The New-York Daily Times, which later becomes The New York Times.
- 1984 – Joe Kittinger completes the first solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic.
- 1905 – Greta Garbo, American-Swedish film actress was born in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1906 – The 1906 Hong Kong typhoon kills an estimated 10,000 people.
- 1919 – Fritz Pollard becomes the first African American to play professional football for a major team, the Akron Pros.
- 1933 – Robert Blake, American actor known for his role as Baretta, was born in Nutley, NJ.
- 1940 – Frankie Avalon, American actor and singer, known for roles in movies such as Grease, was born in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1945 – John McAfee, Computer programmer was born in Forest of Dean District, United Kingdom.
- 1961 – James Gandolfini, American actor, known for his role and Tony Soprano in The Sopranos was born in Westwood, NJ.
- 1971 – Jada Pinkett Smith, American actress and wife of Will Smith, was born in Baltimore, MD.
- 1971 – Lance Armstrong, American professional road racing cyclist was born in Plano, Texas.
- 1974 – Hurricane Fifi strikes Honduras with 110 mph winds, killing 5,000 people.
- 1978 – Billy Eichner, American comedian was born in New York City, NY.
- 1981 – Nicole da Silva, Australian actress known for her role as Franky in tv series Wentworth, was born in Sydney, Australia.
- 2001 – The 2001 anthrax attacks began, where several letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators (Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy), killing 5 people and infecting 17 others.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics: Checkiday, Wiki and Pixabay.