All About September 8th
September 8th Holidays
- International Literacy Day
- National Actors Day
- National Ampersand Day
- National Date Nut Bread Day
- National Pledge of Allegiance Day
- Virgin Mary Day
- Pardon Day
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses Day
- World Physical Therapy Day
September 8th Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans.
September 8th Trivia
- 1504 – Michelangelo’s David is unveiled in Piazza della Signoria in Florence.
- 1831 – William IV and Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1888 – In London, the body of Jack the Ripper’s second murder victim, Annie Chapman, is found.
- 1892 – The Pledge of Allegiance is first recited.
1900 – A hurricane hits Galveston, Texas killing about 8,000 people.
- 1966 – The science fiction television series Star Trek premieres with its first-aired episode, “The Man Trap”.
- 1916 – Augusta and Adeline Van Buren ride their motorcycles for a 60 day tripe to prove that women were capable of serving as military dispatch riders.
- 1935 – US Senator from Louisiana Huey Long is fatally shot in the Louisiana State Capitol building.
- 1941 – Bernie Sanders, United States Senator was born in Brooklyn, NY.
- 1971 – In Washington, D.C., the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is inaugurated.
- 1971 – Martin Freeman, known for many roles in tv series such as The Office, Fargo and Sherlock was born in , Aldershot, United Kingdom.
- 1974 – US President Gerald Ford signs the pardon of Richard Nixon for any crimes Nixon may have committed while in office during the Watergate scandal.
- 1979 – Pink, American singer and songwriter was born in , Doylestown, PA.
- 2004 – NASA’s unmanned spacecraft Genesis crash-lands when its parachute fails to open.
- 2016 – NASA launches OSIRIS-REx, its first asteroid sample return mission
Thank you to the sources for information and graphics for this page: Checkiday, Wiki and Pixabay.