All About April 10th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Thank you for stopping by Time for the Holidays! Today we will discuss the history behind today’s holidays and observances. We will talk about the traits of an Aries. We will also list the day’s historical events, famous birthdays, #1 songs and movies and other fun random trivia. Make sure to tell us if it’s your birthday below so we can wish you a Happy Birthday!
April 10th Holidays
Did you know that everyday has funny quirky holidays that you didn’t know about? Well here are some reasons to celebrate today!
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Day
The ASPCA is a national leader in animal rescue and protection, working tirelessly to put an end to animal abuse and neglect. To help or donate please visit their website at ASPCA.
- Encourage a Young Writer Day
If you see someone with a knack for writing, then encourage them to further develop their talent. By them a journal or do whatever it takes to motivate them to keep on writing!
- Golfer’s Day
The Professional Golf Association (PGA) was founded and the first professional golf tournament was held on April 10th in 1916. So today celebrate by going out for a day of fresh air and Golf.
- National Cinnamon Crescent Day
So every April 10th is National Cinnamon Crescent Day. I think it’s self explanatory how to celebrate this holiday! Try making your own with this recipe! Crescent Cinnamon Roll Recipe.
- National Farm Animals Day
National Farm Animals Day was first commemorated in 2005 by celebrity animal rescuer and expert, Colleen Paige. This day is meant to bring awareness to the overall rough conditions that farm animals are forced to live under. Capitalism has led to a gross increase in demand for livestock by commercial brands. To sell the most amount of meat and dairy products, animals are subjected to growth and antibody injections. Read more at National Today.
- National Sibling Day
In 1995, a New Yorker, Claudia Evart, founded National Siblings Day to honor and celebrate siblings. After losing two siblings in separate accidents, she knew how important siblings could be in our lives. Claudia created the Siblings Day Foundation (SDF), a tax-exempt organization, whose goals included the establishment of the national holiday. Claudia selected April 10th in honor of her late sister, Lisette’s birthday. The SDF seeks to unite and reunite siblings who may have been separated by distance, by circumstance, by birth and adoption or interpersonal familial issues. Visit her foundation here: Siblings Day Foundation.
- Safety Pin Day
International Safety Pin day is observed on April 10 to mark the date on which Walter Hunt patented the safety pin. Hunt was an inventor how came up with a lot of other inventions too such as the lockstitch sewing machine, flax spinner, knife sharpener, streetcar bell, hard-coal-burning stove, artificial stone, street sweeping machinery, and the ice plough. He had no idea how important most of his inventions were. He sold his patent for the safety pin for $400 to the company W R Grace and Company, to pay a man to whom he owed $15. You can read more about him in this book: Necessity’s Child: The Story of Walter Hunt, America’s Forgotten Inventor.
- Salvation Army Founders’ Day
April 10 is the day on which William Booth, (founder of the Salvation Army) along with his wife Catherine, founded the Salvation Army. Booth was a pawnbroker in London and saw all kind of poverty and human suffering. He eventually became a Methodist lay preacher. He first established the East London Revival Society, which later became known as the Christian Mission and soon after the Salvation Army. His mission encompassed social reform as well as religious conversion, and he set up children’s and maternity homes, food and shelter stations, and agencies for helping discharged criminals. The Salvation Army expanded to the United States in 1880, and today it has outposts in more than 80 countries. You can find ways to help or donate to the Donation Army Here.
Zodiac Sign for April 10th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 10th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, Hugh Hefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 10th Trivia
- 837 – Halley’s Comet makes its closest approach to Earth at a distance equal to 0.0342 AU (5.1 million kilometres/3.2 million miles).
- 1815 – The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption which killed 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1866 – The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is founded in New York City by Henry Bergh.
- 1872 – The first Arbor Day is celebrated in Nebraska.
- 1912 – RMS Titanic sets sail from Southampton, England on her maiden and only voyage.
- 1916 – The Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA) is created in New York City.
- 1936 – John Madden, Football coach was born in Austin, MN.
- 1952 – Steven Seagal, American action actor was born in Lansing, MI. He has starred in Under Siege, The Patriot, Shadow Man, Black Dawn and many more.
- 1959 – Babyface, American singer-songwriter and producer was born in Indianapolis, IN.
- 1970 – Paul McCartney announces that he is leaving The Beatles.
- 1979 – Red River Valley tornado outbreak: A tornado lands in Wichita Falls, Texas killing 42 people.
- 1984 – Mandy Moore, American singer-songwriter and actress is born in Nashua, NH. She has starred in This is Us, A Walk to Remember, The Princess Diaries, All I Want, The Advocate and many more.
- 1990 – Maren Morris, American singer was born in Arlington, TX. Her popular songs include My Church, The Bones, The Middle and Seeing Blind with Niall Horan.
- 2011 – Charlotte Lee makes a World Record for person with the most rubber ducks. She has 5,631 different rubber ducks. [GH]
- 2016 – Howard Marks, Welsh cannabis smuggler, writer, and legalization campaigner passes away.
- 2017 – ISIS claims responsibility for Egypt church bombings.
- 2017 – . Authorities hunt for Wisconsin man who allegedly sent manifesto to Trump.
- 2018 – The debate on whether Trump will fire Mueller continues to make headlines.
- 2021 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard is Montero (Call Me by Your Name) by Lil Nas.
- 2021 – As of today the Coronavirus pandemic has caused 135,000,000 infections and 2,910.000 deaths.
Thank you to many news sources and Wiki for these facts.