April 12th is a fun day of quirky holidays. You won’t believe that all these funny holidays are today! Along with some very serious ones.
April 12th Holidays
- Big Wind Day
- Drop Everything and Read Day
- Equal Pay Day
- International Day for Street Children
- International Day of Human Space Flight
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
- National Licorice Day
- National Only Child Day
- Russian Cosmonaut Day
- Walk on Your Wild Side Day
- “Wear a Star” Day
April 12th Zodiac Sign
Zodiac Sign for April 11th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 11th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, Hugh
- Hefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 11th Trivia
- 627 – King Edwin of Northumbria is converted to Christianity by Paulinus, bishop of York.
- 1606 – The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of English and Scottish ships.
- 1945 – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies in office; Vice President Harry S. Truman becomes President upon Roosevelt’s death.
- 1946 – Ed O’Neill, actor from American tv shows, “Married with Children” and “Modern Family” was born.
- 1947 – David Letterman, tv talk host was born.
- 1950 – David Cassidy, america actor from tv show, “The Partridge Family” was born.
- 1955 – The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1963 – The Soviet nuclear-powered submarine K-33 collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S Finnclipper in the Danish straits.
- 1971 – Shannen Doherty, American actress was born.
- 1979 – Claire Danes, American actress was born.
- 1979 – Jennifer Morrison, actress from American tv show, “House” and “Happily Ever After” was born.
- 1989 – Sugar Ray Robinson, American boxer dies.
- 1999 – United States President Bill Clinton is cited for contempt of court for giving “intentionally false statements” in a civil lawsuit; he is later fined and disbarred.
- 2001 – Harvey Ball, American illustrator, created the smiley dies.
- 2002 – A suicide bomber blows herself up at the entrance to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda Market, killing seven people and wounding 104.