Bet you didn’t know there was so many reasons to celebrate today! Whether you have an ex you want to celebrate, or you stop to learn about Alopecia, or you find something to laugh about, pick one and celebrate or at least become more aware!
April 14th Holidays
Zodiac Sign for April 14th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 14th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, Hugh Hefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 14th Trivia
- 1578 Philip III d. 1621 King of Spain known as a weak ruler who spent enormous sums on court festivities was born.
- 1629 – 1629 Christiaan Huygens d. 1695 Dutch scientist. His improvements on telescope lenses enabled him to discover Saturn’s rings and 6th moon Titan (1656).
- 1813 – The very first psychiatric hospital was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1828 – The first Webster’s Dictionary is published.
- 1842 Catherine Eddowes, the fourth known victim of, Jack the Ripper” was born.
- 1861 – A Union soldier is killed by an explosion caused by Union soldiers firing a salute to the flag before surrendering Fort Sumter making him the first casualty of the Civil War.
- 1865 President Abraham LIncoln is shot and mortally wounded in Ford’s Theater by John Wilkes Booth.
- 1866 – Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller’s teacher and companion was born.
- 1910 – Howard Taft becomes the first president to throw the opening ball at a baseball game.
- 1912 – At 11:37 p.m. the four-story “unsinkable” ship The Titanic struck an iceberg that would ultimately sink her.
- 1932 William John Burns b. 1861 American detective, head of the FBI passes away.
- 1935 – American country singer, Loretta Lynn was born.
- 1941 Pete Rose American baseball player, was born.
- 1956 First commercial tape recorder was made.
- 1965 – Richard Hickock and Perry Smith are hanged for the 1959 murder of the Clutter family in Kansas.
- 1968 – t1968 Anthony Michael Hall, American actor from, “The Breakfast Club” and “Sixteen Candles” was born.
- 1995 Burl Ives b. 1909 (Burle Icle Ivanhoe), American Oscar-winning actor, singer. Film: Big Country passes away.
- 2007 Don Ho, Hawaiian singer, passes away.
- 2015 Percy Sledge b. 1940 American singer. Music: When a Man Loves a Woman (1966, #1) passes away.