All About April 15th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Welcome to the Time for the Holidays! Thank you for stopping by. Today we will talk about the history behind today’s daily holidays and observances. We will list the traits of horoscope sign Aries. We will also list today’s historical events, famous birthdays, popular music and movies and other fun nostalgic trivia.
April 15th Holidays & Observances
Jackie Robinson Day
National Glazed Spiral Ham Day
National Griper’s Day
National Rubber Eraser Day
National That Sucks Day
One Boston Day
Take a Wild Guess Day
Titanic Remembrance Day
- World Art Day
A Quick Video about April 15th
April 15th Zodiac Sign
Zodiac Sign for April 15th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 11th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, Hugh Hefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 15th Trivia
Historical events, celebrity birthdays, trivia, inventions and other events that happened on April 15th.
- 1452 – Leonardo da Vinci, Italian painter, sculptor, and architect was born.
- 1874 – George Harrison Shull, American botanist and geneticist was born.
- 1892 – The General Electric Company is formed.
- 1912 – The British passenger liner RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two hours and forty minutes after hitting an iceberg. Only 710 of 2,227 passengers and crew on board survive.
- 1913 = The #1 movie was, “Cleopatra.”
- 1923 – Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- 1933 – Roy Clark, American singer was born in Meherrin, VA.
- 1950 – The #1 movie was, “Cinderella.”
- 1955 – McDonald’s restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois.
- Emma Thompson, British actress was born in Paddington, London, United Kingdom.
- 1962 – The #1 song on the Hot Country Songs Billboard was, “She’s Got You,” by Patsy Cline.
- 1974 – The #1 movie was, “The Sugarland Express.”
- 1982 – Seth Rogen, Canadian-American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter was born in Seth Rogen
- 1984 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Footloose,” by Kenny Loggins.
- 1985 – The #1 movie was, “Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment.”
- 1990 – Emma Watson, English actress is born in Paris, France.
- 2017 – . Emma Morano, last known survivor of the 19th century dies at 117.
- 2019 – A sad day in history as the Notre Dame cathedral burns down.
- 2019 – Georgia Engel, Beloved Actress on ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show,’ Dies at 70.