All About April 18th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Happy April 18th! Thanks for stopping by Time for the Holidays! Today we will be discussing the history behind today’s holidays and observances. We will also talk about the traits of an Aries. And we will list today’s historical events, famous birthdays, popular music and movies and other fun nostalgic trivia.
April 18th Holidays
Today is full of many holidays! Some are serious awareness days while others are silly and quirky and just for fun. Come join us and pick a holidays to celebrate today!
- Adult Autism Awareness Day
- International Amateur Radio Day
- National Animal Crackers Day
- National Lineman Appreciation Day
- National Velociraptor Awareness Day
- Newspaper Columnists Day
- Pet Owners Independence Day
- World Heritage Day
April 18th Zodiac Sign
Zodiac Sign for April 18th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 18th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, HughHefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 18th Trivia
- 1857 – “The Spirits Book” by Allan Kardec is published, marking the birth of Spiritualism in France.
- 1906 – In a deviating San Francisco earthquake, 3000 people died.
- 1909 – Joan of Arc is beatified in Rome.
- 1917 – The #1 movie was, “The Poor Little Rich Girl.”
- 1947 – James Woods, American actor was born in Vernal, UT.
- 1949 – Ireland besmear an independent republic.
- 1956 -The Prince of Monaco Rainier III and US actress Grace Kelly tie the knot.
- 1956 – Eric Roberts, American actor was born in Biloxi, MS.
- 1961 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billbard was, “Blue Moon, by The Marcels.
- 1963 – Conan O’Brien, American television host was born in Brookline, MA.
- 1971 – The #1 movie was, “Summer of ’42.”
- 1972 – Rosa Clemente, American journalist and activist was born.
- 1976 – Melissa Joan Hart, American actress was born in Smithtown, NY.
- 1976 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Disco Lady.” by Johnnie Taylor.
- 1979 – Kourtney Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1983 – A suicide bomber in Lebanon destroys the United States embassy in Beirut, killing 63 people.
- 1983 – The #1 movie was, “Flash Dance,” starring Jennifer Beals.
- 1984 – America Ferrera, American actress was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1986 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Rock Me Amadeus,” by Falco.
- 2000 – The #1 movie was, “U-571.”
- 2007 – The #1 song on Top 40 Billboard was, “It’s Not Over,” by Daughtry.
- 2012 – Dick Clark American television host, producer, passed away.