April 1st Holidays
Everyone knows about April Fools Day but did you know it is also all these days today?
- April Fools’ Day
- Assyrian New Year
- Boomer Bonus Day
- Edible Book Day
- Fossil Fools Day
- International Fun at Work Day
- International Tatting Day
- Lupus Alert Day
- National Atheist’s Day
- National Love for our Children Day
- National One Cent Day
- National Sourdough Bread Day
- Poetry and the Creative Mind Day
- Reading is Funny Day
- St. Stupid Day
- Student Government Day
Lupus Awareness Items
April 1st Trivia
- If you were born today you are an Aries.
- 1891 – The Wrigley Company is founded in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1924 – Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years imprisonment for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch” but spends only nine months in jail.
- 1960 – The TIROS-1 satellite transmits the first television picture from space.
- 1961 – Susan Magdalane Boyle is a Scottish singer who came to international attention when she appeared as a contestant on the TV programme Britain’s Got Talent was born today.
- 1973 – Rachel Anne Maddow is an American television host, liberal political commentator, and author was born today.
- 1979 – Iran becomes an Islamic republic by a 99% vote, officially overthrowing the Shah.
- 1980 – Randal Keith Orton is an American professional wrestler was born today.
- 2001 – Same-sex marriage becomes legal in the Netherlands, the first contemporary country to allow it.
- 2004 – Google announces Gmail to the public.