April 24th Holidays & Observances
- Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day
- National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day
- National Teach Your Children to Save Day
- New Kids on the Block Day
- World Day for Laboratory Animals
- World Meningitis Day
Zodiac Sign for April 24th is Taurus
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
April 24th Trivia
- 1184 BC – Traditional date of the fall of Troy.
- 1558 – Mary, Queen of Scots, marries the Dauphin of France, François, at Notre Dame de Paris.
- 1800 – The United States Library of Congress is established.
- 1851 – Brother of Wyatt Earp, and policeman, Morgan Seth Earp was born.
- 1885 – American sharpshooter Annie Oakley is hired by Nate Salsbury to be a part of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West.
- 1913 – The Woolworth Building, a skyscraper in New York City, is opened.
- 1934 -Shirley McLainee was born.
- 1942 – Barbara Streisand was born in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
- 1953 – Winston Churchill is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.
- 1963 – Marriage of HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent to the Hon Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in London.
- 1982 – Kelly Clarkson American singer was born in Fort Worth, Texas, USA.
- 1990 – Gruinard Island, Scotland, is officially declared free of the anthrax disease after 48 years of quarantine.
- 2005 – Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is inaugurated as the 265th Pope of the Catholic Church taking the name Pope Benedict XVI.
- 2013 – A building collapses near Dhaka, Bangladesh, killing 1,129 people and injuring 2,500 others.