- Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
- International Dance Day
- National Peace Rose Day
- National Shrimp Scampi Day
- Viral Video Day
- World Wish Day
- Zipper Day
Zodiac Sign for April 29th is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
A Short Video about Today, April 29th
April 29th Trivia
- 1770 – James Cook, British explorer, arrives in Australia at Botany Bay, which he names.
- 1834 – Charles Darwin, English Geologist, during the second survey voyage of HMS Beagle, ascended the Bell mountain.
- 1903 – A 30 million cubic-metre landslide kills 70 people in Frank, in the District of Alberta Canada as 82 million tons of limestone slid down the mountain.
- 1944 – During World War II a British agent Nancy Wake, a leading figure in the French Resistance and the Gestapo’s most wanted person, parachutes back into France to be a liaison between London and the local maquis group.
- 1945 – World War II: The German army in Italy unconditionally surrenders to the Allies.
- 1945 –Adolf Hitler marries Eva Braun in a Berlin bunker and designates Admiral Karl Dönitz as his successor; Hitler and Braun both commit suicide the following day.
- 1945 – Dachau concentration camp is liberated by US troops.
- 1953 – The first U.S. experimental 3D television broadcast showed an episode of Space Patrol on Los Angeles ABC affiliate KECA-TV.
- 1954 – Jerry Seinfeld, American comedian, actor, and producer was born.
- 1957 – Daniel Day-Lewis, British-Irish actor was born.
- 1967 – After refusing induction into the US Army the previous day, Muhammad Ali is stripped of his boxing title.
- 1968 – The musical Hair, a product of the hippie counter-culture and sexual revolution of the 1960s, opens at the Biltmore Theatre on Broadway.
- 1970 – Uma Thurman, American actress is born in Boston, MA.
- 1980 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Call Me,” by Blondie.
- 1981 – The #1 movie was, “Friday the 13th Part 2.”
- 1992 – Riots in Los Angeles break out destroying hundreds of buildings and killing 63 people, following the acquittal of police officers charged with excessive force in the beating of Rodney King.
- 2011 – Prince William and Catherine Middleton get married at Westminster Abbey in London.
- 2015 – A baseball game between the Baltimore Orioles and the Chicago White Sox goes on even though there were no fans present due due to the 2015 Baltimore protests.