April 3rd Holidays
April 3rd Trivia
- 1956 – Hudsonville–Standale tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- 1968 – Martin Luther King Jr. delivers his “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop” speech.
- 1782 – Alexander Macomb, American general was born.
- 1942 – Wayne Newton, American singer was born.
- 1958 – Alec Baldwin, American actor, comedian, producer and television host was born.
- 1961 – Eddie Murphy, American actor and comedian was born.
- 1981 – The Osborne 1, the first successful portable computer, is unveiled at the West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco.
- 1996 – Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is captured at his Montana cabin in the United States.
- 2010 – Apple Inc. released the first generation iPad, a tablet computer.
- 2017 – A bomb explodes in the St Petersburg metro system, killing 14 and injuring several more people.
April 3rd is National Chocolate Mousse Day!
Tweed Day: April 3rd
Find a Rainbow Day: April 3rd