Happy April 4th everyone!
Here is a page all about April 4th! Whether it’s your birthday or you are just curious about the history of today, here is everything you need to know about April 4th. Here is a list of holidays, horoscope information and trivia pertaining to April 4th!
April 4th Holidays
- 404 Day
- Hug a Newsperson Day
- International Carrot Day
- International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
- National Burrito Day
- National Cordon Bleu Day
- National Tell a Lie Day
- Square Root Day
- Victims of Violence Wholly Day
- Vitamin C Day
- Walk Around Things Day
- World Rat Day
April 4th Horoscope Sign is Aries
Ruling planet: Mars
Flower: Thistle & honeysuckle
Romantic Compatibility: Sagittarius
Traits: Independent, passionate, competitive, perfectionists, honest, energetic, sexy but can be closed minded, uncompromising and honest to a fault.
April 4th Trivia
- 1818 – American Flag Flag of 13 stripes representing the original states and a star for each state of the Union is adopted.
- 1841 – First U.S. President to Die in Office William Henry Harrison dies of pneumonia after serving only 31 days as President.
- 1928 – Maya Angelou d. 2014 (Marguerite Ann Johnson), African-American poet, civil rights activist is born in St. Louis, MO.
- 1932 – Anthony Perkins American actor. Film: Psycho (1960, Norman Bates) is born.
- 1944 – Craig T. Nelson American Emmy-winning actor. TV: who starred on Coach is born.
- 1958 – While movie star’ Lana Turner’s gangster boyfriend, Johnny Stompanato, Jr, was beating her in her Beverly Hills bedroom, Turner’s 14-year-old daughter rushed in and fatally stabbed him with a carving knife.
- 1964 – The Beatles take the top five positions on the Billboard list with these songs,
No. 1, “Can’t Buy Me Love”
No. 2, “Twist and Shout”
No. 3, “She Loves You”
No. 4, “I Want to Hold Your Hand”
No. 5, “Please Please Me”
- 1965 – Robert Downey Jr.,American actor, was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 1968 – Martin Luther King, the civil rights leader is assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee by escaped convict James Earl Ray.
- 1973 – The World Trade Center is dedicated. At 1,350 feet and 110 stories, it was the world’s tallest building.
- 1973 – David Blaine American magician. is born in Brooklyn, New York City, NY.
- 1979 – Heath Ledger, Actor was born in, Perth, Australia.
- 1993 – Mario Andretti At age 53, the legendary racecar driver becomes the oldest person to win an Indy-car race, by winning the Valvoline 200.
- 2003 – Sammy Sosa hits his 500th home run.
- 2004 – Cindy Sheehan’s son Casey Sheehan is killed by enemy action. in the Iraq war Cindy would go on to become a peace activist, camping out at President Bush’s Crawford ranch.
- 2013 – Roger Ebert b. 1942 American film critic passed away.
- 2016 – On the campaign trail, Donald Trump defended his campaign manager, who was charged with assaulting a woman reporter and then he called for women who have abortions to be punished.
- 2017 – President Trump praised Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi telling him he did a, “fantastic job,” after the two met at the White House on Monday, reversing U.S. posture toward the autocratic former military leader who seized power nearly four years ago.