April 6th Holidays
Everyday has different celebrations, holidays, observations and awareness days. Please check out the list of holidays for today!
- Army Day
- Church of Latter Day Saints Day
- Drowsy Drivers Awareness Day
- Fresh Tomato Day
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- Jump Over Things Day
- National Caramel Popcorn Day
- National Hostess Twinkie Day
- National Siamese Cat Day
- National Student Athlete Day
- National Tartan Day
- National Walking Day
- New Beers Eve
- Plan Your Epitaph Day
- Sorry Charlie Day
- Teflon Day
- Teflon Day
April 6th Trivia
- 1671 – Jean-Baptiste Rousseau, French poet and playwright was born.
- 1199 – King Richard I of England dies from an infection following the removal of an arrow from his shoulder.
- 1712 – The New York Slave Revolt of 1712 begins near Broadway.
- 1830 – Church of Christ, the original church of the Latter Day Saint movement, is organized by Joseph Smith and others at either Fayette or Manchester, New York.
- 1841 – U.S. President John Tyler is sworn in, two days after having become President after William Henry Harrison’s died.
- 1869 – Celluloid is patented.
- 1917 – World War I: The United States declares war on Germany.
- 1937 – Merle Haggard, American singer-songwriter and guitarist passed away.
- 1947 – The first Tony Awards are presented for theatrical achievement.
- 1974 – The Swedish pop band ABBA wins the Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Waterloo”, launching their international career.
- 2015 – Ray Charles, American singer-songwriter and conductor passes away.
- 2018 – Researchers in Ontario have developed an innovative way to detect harmful bacteria, such as E. coli, on the spot without having to open a food’s packaging and test it in a lab.
- 2017 – The U.S. Strikes in Syria: The Trump administration targeted facilities belonging to President Bashar al-Assad, opening a new front in U.S. military operations.
- 2018 – Trump administration announces new sanctions against Russia government officials and oligarchs tied to Putin including Putin’s son in law.