April 7th Holidays
A list of today’s strange and wacky holidays.
- Empowered Women Entrepreneurs Day
- International Beaver Day
- International Pillow Fight Day
- International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide
- International Snailpapers Day
- Metric System Day
- National Alcohol Screening Day
- National Beer Day
- National Coffee Cake Day
- National No Housework Day
- National Pet Health Insurance Day
- Public Television Day
- Tangible Karma Day
- World Health Day
April 7th Horoscope is Aries
The sun transits this sign mostly from March 21 to April 20 each year.
Time period: March 20 – April 19
Ruling planet: Mars
Zodiac quality: Cardinal
Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
April 7th Trivia & Facts
- 451 – Attila the Hun sacks the town of Metz and attacks other cities in Gaul.
- 1724 – Johann Sebastian Bach’s St. John Passion, dramatization of the final days of Jesus Christ, according to the Gospel of John. is premiered.
- 1827 – English chemist John Walker produced and sold the first operable matches.
- 1891 – P. T. Barnum. American businessman, founded Ringling Bros., Barnum & Bailey Circus dies.
- 1829 – Joseph Smith, founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, commences translation of the Book of Mormon, with Oliver Cowdery as his scribe.
- 1906 – Mount Vesuvius erupts and devastates Naples.
- 1933 – Wayne Rogers, actor who played Trapper John on MASH, was born in Birmingham, Al.
- 1928 – James Garner, American actor was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1939 – Francis Ford Coppola American director, producer, screenwriter is born.
- 1940 – Booker T. Washington becomes the first African American to be depicted on a United States postage stamp.
- 1947 – Henry Ford American businessman, founded the Ford Motor Company dies.
- 1954 – Jackie Chan, Chinese actor, martial artist, director, producer, screenwriter is born.
- 1954 – United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his “domino theory” speech during a news conference.
- 1990 – An arson attack on the passenger ferry, Scandinavian Star, kills 159.
- 1948 – The World Health Organization (WHO) is established to help fight disease and epidemics worldwide, building up national health services, and improving health education in its 194 member states.
- 1964 – Russell Crowe New Zealand/Australian actor, singer, producer is born.
- 2001 – The Mars Odyssey is launched.
- 2017 – The 2017 Stockholm attack kills five and injures fifteen others.
- 2017 – Harry Styles released, “Sign of the Times.” One of the greatest songs of all times.