April 8th Holidays
Everyone day has a reason to celebrate! Did you know that today all these holidays are observed?
Dog Farting Awareness Day
Draw a Picture of a Bird Day
International Feng Shui Awareness Day
International Romani Day
National All is Ours Day
National Dog Fighting Awareness Day
National Empañada Day
Step into the Spotlight
Trading Cards For Grown-ups Day
Zoo Lovers Day
April 8th Trivia
- 1966 – Robin Wright American actress was born.
- 1730 – Shearith Israel, the first synagogue in New York City, is dedicated.
- 1832 – Black Hawk War: Around three-hundred United States 6th Infantry troops leave St. Louis, Missouri to fight the Sauk Native Americans.
- 1904 – Longacre Square in Midtown Manhattan is renamed Times Square after The New York Times.
- 1918 – Betty Ford, American wife of Gerald Ford, 40th First Lady of the United States was born.
- 2008 – The construction of the world’s first building to integrate wind turbines is completed in Bahrain.
- 2017 – Historic California declared drought officially over.