August 30th Daily Holiday List
- Frankenstein Day
- International Day of the Disappeared
- National Beach Day
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day
- National Holistic Pet Day
- Slinky Day
- Willing-To-Lend-A-Hand Wednesday
Things that happened on August 30th
- 526 King Theoderic the Great dies of dysentery at Ravenna; his daughter Amalasuntha takes power as regent for her 10-year-old son Athalaric.
- 1873 Austrian explorers Julius von Payer and Karl Weyprecht discover the archipelago of Franz Josef Land in the Arctic Sea.
- 1983 Guion Stewart Bluford is launched into Space carrying,Buford, the first African-American to go into space.
- 1967 Thurgood Marshall the first African-American justice is Appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court
- 2003 Charles Bronson, American actor passed away.
- 2017: Houston continues to deal with damage from Hurricane source