February 16th Holidays, Observances & Trivia
February 18th Trivia
- 1812 – Henry Wilson, 18th Vice President of the United States was born.
- 1954 – Margaux Hemingway, American model and actress was born.
- 1960 – The U.S. Navy submarine USS Triton begins Operation Sandblast, setting sail from New London, Connecticut, to begin the first submerged circumnavigation of the globe.
- 1996 – A Chicago-bound Amtrak train collided with a MARC commuter train bound for Washington, D.C., killing 11 people.
- 2005 – The Kyoto Protocol comes into force, following its ratification by Russia.
February’s Holidays, Awareness Events and Daily Observances