February 26th Holidays, Observances and Trivia
Bet you didn’t know today was so many holidays! February 26th has lots of odd and unusual ones for sure! Check them out below! Don’t forget to grab your pistachios and fill your thermoses before sitting down to read your child a fairytale on how the victim became the victor!
- Carnival Day
- Fairy Tale Day
- Levi Strauss Day
- National For Pete’s Sake Day
- National Personal Chef Day
- National Pistachio Day
- Thermos Bottle Day
Support these Holidays and Click on Products Below!
February 26th Horoscope is Pisces
Time period: February 19 – March 20
Ruling planet: Neptune
Sign ruler: Neptune, Jupiter
Colors: Mauve, Lilac, Purple, Violet, Sea green
Best Partner Compatibility: Virgo, Taurus
Lucky Numbers: 3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24
Traits: Emphatic, sensitive, truthful, compassionate, artistic, musical, spiritual. Also can be sad, a martyr, too trusting.
February 26th Trivia
- Zodiac symbol is Pisces.
- 1909- A color motion picture is shown to the general public for the first time in a London
- 1917- The world’s first jazz record is recorded, named “Livery Stable Blues by “Original Dixieland Jass Band.”
- 1932 – Johnny Cash American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor was born in Kingsland, AR.
- 1971 – Erykah Badu, American singer-songwriter was born in Dallas, TX.
- 1986 – Hannah Kearney, American skier is born.
- 1991- The world’s first web browser is presented to the public
The browser “WorldWideWeb” was developed by Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist who is known as the inventor of the internet.
- 1993- There was an Islamist militant attack where a car bomb exploded below the World Trade Center in New York killing 6 people.
- 1996 – Keddies, the Southend-on-Sea department store closes it doors after 104 years of trading.
- 2012 – A train derails in Burlington, Ontario, Canada killing at least three people and injuring 45.
- 2016 – Hillary Clinton narrowly defeats Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in the Primaries.
- 2017 – Due to irreconcilable conflicts of interest, President Trump’s nominee for the secretary of the Army dropped out of consideration.