February 5th Holidays, Observances and Trivia
Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Look through today’s list of holidays and observances below to see if there is anything worth celebrating for you today! Also scroll down and check out the February 5th trivia.
- Move Hollywood and Broadway to Lebanon, Pennsylvania Day
- National Chocolate Fondue Day
- National Weatherperson’s Day
- Western Monarch Day
- World Nutella Day
February 5th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean.
February 5th Moments in History
- 1649 Prince of Wales proclaimed King Charles II of Great Britian by Covenanter Parliament of Scotland.
- 1679 German emperor Leopold I signs peace with France.
- 1783 Earthquakes ravage Calabria, killing 30,000.
- 1921 Yankees purchase 20 acres in Bronx for Yankee Stadium.
- 1922 The first Reader’s Digest magazine is published.
- 1931 Maxine Dunlap becomes 1st US women to earn a glider pilot license.
- 1948 – Barbara Hershey, American actress is born.
- 1953 “Peter Pan” by Walt Disney opens at Roxy Theater, NYC.
- 1953 I Love Lucy wins an Emmy award.
- 1977 Sugar Ray Leonard beats Luis Vega in 6 rounds in his 1st pro fight.
- 1989 Kareem Abdul-Jabar becomes 1st NBA player to score 38,000 points,
- 1997 O.J. Simpson found liable in the deaths of Ron Goldman & Nicole Simpson in a civil court action.
Back to February’s Holidays