February 9th Holidays, Observances and Trivia
February 9th is full of fun holidays! Check out the lists below and enjoy celebrating some of them today! Eat a pizza or bagel, indulge in some chocolate but then remember to brush your teeth because you don’t want to be observing toothache day! Afterwards relax in the bath and enjoy a book! Happy February 9th!
- Chocolate Day
- National Bagel Day
- National Toothache Day
- National Pizza Day
- National Develop Alternative Vices Day
- Read in the Bathtub Day
Fun Memes to Share!
February 9th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean.
Funny Holiday Buttons & Magnets
February 9th Trivia
- 1621 – Gregory XV becomes Pope, the last Pope elected by acclamation.
- 1825 – After no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes in the US presidential election of 1824, the United States House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams as President of the United States.
- 1941 William Henry Harrison, 9th president was born.
- 1942 – Carole King, American composer was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 1943 – Joe Pesci, American actor was born in Joe Pesci
- 1945 – Mia Farrow, American actress was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1957 – The #1 movie was, “Zarak.”
- 1964 – The Beatles made their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, performing before a “record-busting” audience of 73 million viewers across the USA.
- 1967 – The #1 movie was, “‘The Fox.”
- 1970 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” by B.J. Thomas.
- 1976 – Charlie Day, American actor was born in New York City, NY.
- 1979 -The #1 movie was, “Superman.“
- 1983 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Maneater,” by Daryl Hall John Oates.
- 1986 – Halley’s Comet last appeared in the inner Solar System.
- 1987 – Michael B. Jordan, American actor was born in Santa Ana, CA.
- 1987 – The #1 movie was, “Platoon.”
- 1991 – The # 1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now),” by C+C Music Factory.
- 1994 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Hero,” by Mariah Carey.
- 1999 – The #1 movie was, “Message in a Bottle.”
- 2005 – The #1 song on the Top 40 Billboard was, “Give A Little Bit,” by Goo Goo Dolls.
- 2009 – The #1 movie was, “Friday the 13th.”
- 2010 – Walter Frederick Morrison, American inventor known for inventing the Frisbee passes away at home from cancer at age 90.