Fun BINGO Gifts and Random BINGO Facts
Did you know…
- That this game we now call BINGO, began in Italy in 1530 as “LoGiuoco del Lotto D’Italia,” and is still played there today, almost every Saturday.
- BINGO cards were later used as educational tools to help children in school learn multiplication problems.
- Bingo arrived in North America in 1929, where it was first called “beano.”
- A salesman named, Edwin Lowe from New York,modernized the game by hiring mathematician Carl Leffler, who developed thousands of combinations of numbered game cards. He then changed the name to “Bingo” when a winner shouted the word one day by mistake.
- A Catholic priest approached Edwin Lowe in the thirties about using Bingo as a church fundraiser, thus kicking off the tradition of church BINGO.
- Salesman Edwin Lowe, also invented Yahtzee!
- Most people who play BINGO are actually under 35 years old.
- For some reason, if you have the name, “Margaret” you have a higher chance of winning.
- Over 65% of the people who play BINGO online are female.
- Shirley Bustillos, 75, a longtime regular bingo player at the Chumash Casino Resort recently hit a multiprogressive jackpot for the largest single payout in the 23 years the game has been played there winning a $98,720 jackpot.
Bingo Player Gifts!
Do you like to play BINGO, or know someone else does? Are you looking for a fun present for grandma or Aunt Lucy? We if they like to play BINGO here are some fun ideas if you are shopping for a birthday or Christmas.