International Day of Acceptance
When is International Day of Acceptance
January 20th is a day dedicated to the social acceptance of disability and to honor the late Annie Hopkins, founder of 3E Love and creator of the International Symbol of Acceptance.
Who is Annie Hopkins?
Despite being born with spinal muscular atrophy, she set out to live her life to the fullest and teach people about her disability. Her brother, Stevie now runs the foundation 3E Love in her honor.
How to Observe International Day of Acceptance
- Despite disability live your life to the fullest.
- Educate others on your disability.
- On social media use Hashtag: #InternationalDayofAcceptance
- Share your #DayOfAcceptance story.
- Visit the websites Day of Acceptance and DisBeat.
- Read Annie Hopkins Story or her brother’s blog post about Annie.
- Sport some Day of Acceptance Merch! Shop Here